Duration: 32 hrs
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318) teaches experienced system administrators how to use the virtualization features of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® managed through the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization suite.
Students acquire the skills and knowledge to effectively create, deploy, manage, and migrate Linux virtual machines hosted on either dedicated Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor nodes or Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
This course also helps candidates prepare for the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Administrator exam (EX318), which, if passed, earns them the Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification.
- Overview of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Install, configure, and test manager
- Install and configure hypervisor hosts
- Create datacenters and clusters
- Create and maintaining storage
- Create logical networks
- Deploy virtual machines
- Manage VM snapshots and images
- Automate VM deployment
- Monitor and report Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Overview of advanced Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization topics
- Install and configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux host
- Migrate VMs and configure high availability
- Comprehensive review
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact a training specialist online.
Audience & Prerequisites:
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing enterprise servers who are interested in learning how to manage large numbers of servers or virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- IT professionals interested in earning a Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification
Prerequisites for this course:
IT professionals who have earned an Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or maintain the equivalent experience with Linux.