Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator — RHCVA
The RHCVA certification is for system administrators whose responsibilities require them to have the skill and knowledge to deploy and manage virtual hosts in production environments using Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization.
This credential assures enterprises that their virtualization solutions are administered optimally and establishes credibility for service providers.
An RHCVA has demonstrated the following knowledge and skills:
- Installing Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
- Creating datacenters, clusters, pools, and templates
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization hypervisors to support guests and attach to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
- Perform essential management tasks, such as logging and bookmarking
Certification program requirements
- The RHCVA exam consists of one section lasting up to 3 hours.
- The certification exam is performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on a live system, rather than answering questions about how one might perform those tasks.
- The hands-on nature of this exam makes real-world experience a critical facet of preparation.
- RHCVA certifications have a current window for 3 calendar years after it is earned.
The RHCVA certification is designed for
- Experienced system administrators who are preparing to adopt and deploy Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization to a large number of servers or virtual machines
- IT professionals who are evaluating a migration from other virtualization technologies and want to fully understand what skills are needed to administer Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization technology
- System administrators whose jobs include managing virtual environments.