SAS Certified Advanced Programmer
The SAS Certified Advanced Programmer credential represents the upper echelon of SAS programmers. Those who earn the advanced programming credential have demonstrated a high level of proficiency in SAS programming expertise and are a much sought after commodity in the global job market.
A SAS advanced programmer should have current SAS programming and data management experience. Successful candidates should be skilled in tasks such as:
- Using advanced DATA step programming statements and efficiency techniques to solve complex problems.
- Writing and interpreting SAS SQL code.
- Creating and using the SAS MACRO facility.
Candidates for the SAS Advanced Programming exam should be familiar with enhancements and new functionality that are available in SAS.
The candidate must currently hold a SAS Certified Base Programmer credential.
Certification program requirements: Candidates who earn this credential will have taken and earned passing scores of the following two exams
- SAS Base Programming exam
- SAS Advanced Programming
This exam is administered by SAS and Prometric
- 63 multiple-choice questions (must achieve score of 65% correct to pass)
- 2 hours to complete exam
- Use exam ID A00-212; required when registering with Prometric
The SAS Certified Base Programmer is designed for
This credential is the next level for SAS Base Programmer certified professionals. This and the Base Programmer credentials are appropriate as foundation knowledge for many other job roles