SAS Certified Base Programmer
The SAS Certified Base Programmer credential is the ideal certification for those relatively new to SAS programming or new to SAS certification. It is also the principle certification for other advanced certifications available from SAS. Candidates should be familiar with the enhancements and new functionality that are available in SAS.
Successful candidates should have experience in programming and data management using SAS and should be able to
- Import and export raw data files
- Manipulate and transform data
- Combine SAS data sets
- Create basic detail and summary reports using SAS procedures
- Identify and correct data, syntax and programming logic errors.
Certification program requirements:
- Candidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the SAS Base Programming for SAS 9 exam. This exam is administered by SAS and Prometric.
- 70 multiple-choice and short-answer questions (must achieve score of 70% correct to pass).
- 2 hours to complete exam.
- Use exam ID A00-211; required when registering with Prometric.
The SAS Certified Base Programmer is designed for
This credential is designed for programmers, analysts, data managers or anyone writing SAS programs to access and manage data to perform queries and analyses. This credential is also appropriate as foundation knowledge for many other job roles