Processing Database and Spreadsheet Data with
Processing Database and Spreadsheet Data with SAS/ACCESS Software
Course Duration: 1 Day
This course teaches you how to read Oracle, DB2, or Microsoft Access or Excel tables into your SAS
programs using SAS/ACCESS software.
- understanding databases
- establishing the requirements to connect to a database
- establishing the requirements to connect to an Excel workbook
- connecting to a database table using SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME engines
- connecting to an Excel workbook
- explaining and applying Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)
- using an embedded LIBNAME statement
- passing queries to your database management system (DBMS)
- passing non-queries to your DBMS
- comparing the SQL Pass-Through Facility and the SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME engines
- combining tables using a DATA step merge
- joining tables using the SQL Pass-Through Facility and the SQL procedure
- joining tables from different databases
- using the Import Wizard to read a Microsoft Access table and an Excel worksheet into a SAS data set
- Using the IMPORT procedure to read a Microsoft Access table and an Excel worksheet into a SAS data set
- Using the Export Wizard to write a SAS data set and an Oracle table to an Excel workbook.
- Using the EXPORT procedure to export a SAS data set to an Excel workbook
- creating and updating an access descriptor
- creating and updating a view descriptor
Before attending this course, you should be comfortable programming in SAS and Structured Query Language (SQL). You can gain the SQL knowledge from the SAS SQL 1: Essentials course. You can gain knowledge of SAS from the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course. A working knowledge of your database is helpful.
- Live Web
- Self Paced Learning
Ultramax Infonet provides rigorous technical and practical training on SAS . In addition to training it also conducts TNA’s which prepares students for GLOBAL Certification Exams. Training provided for Base and Advance SAS was fantastic for most of the modules.
It has been a great experience at Ultramax infonet for me, right from class room to placement.
I am immensely thankful to Ultramax infonet pune for providing SAS training program which helped me groom and prepare myself for the challenges in the industries. The Faculty and staff are all dedicated to student success and innovation. The flexible and professional environment for learning provides the opportunity to explore yourself
Google referred me to approach “Ultramax” and I was glad to connect with them on proper instruction my training for three modules Base, Advance SAS and Predictive Modeling were successfully completed on time. The staff is very kind and informative. Proper time for practicing was provided which helped in clearing our doubts. My experience can be rated as 4.8/5. Proper guidance. Good practice labs and sessions for doubt solving. Ultramax, did help we get a nice job
I wanted to learn Base, Advance SAS and Predictive Modeling. It was the best institute to learn and get trained from here. They provide with all best facilities, classrooms are very well maintained and equipped. Trainer for base and advance was very good. Concepts were very clear and trainers were also professional.Overall experience was very well. It provided by quite good opportunities for placement