Duration: 24 hrs
This course is for senior system and storage administrators who are interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in cloud environments.
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, students will learn about the Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
This course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam (EX236).
- Introduction to Red Hat Storage
- Explore the classroom environment
- Basic configuration
- Volume types
- ACLs and quotas
- Extending volumes
- IP failover
- Unified file and object storage
- Managing snapshots
- Hadoop plugin
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us.
Audience & Prerequisites:
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
Prerequisites for this course:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA, confirmation of the needed skills can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.